One of my favourite things to do is go into Boots, Superdrug or any other beauty store and spend ages pouring my eyes over all the different beauty counters and brands testing out all the different products. While out in Liverpool shopping yesterday with some friends, I did just this...and also left with a bagful of things that I just had to share with you...considering it cost me an arm & a leg- I thought i'd atleast make a blog post out of it too as we all love a little haul. I haven't been for a big beauty sweep in a long long time so it was in need that I get stocked up. Enjoy!
From left clockwise:
1. Collection 2000 Luscious lashes: Liverpool seems to be rubbing off on me somehow, next i'll be wearing fake nails and walking round with rollers in my hair (ok, maybe not). These were only an impulse buy, which I will be using for Halloween. They were very cheap compared to other brands so I went for these and they also give a nice cat-eye effect.
2. Maybelline Linerefine Expression kajal soft kohl eyeliner: I was on the hunt for some white eyeliner for my Halloween costume/make up look for next week and they seemed to be sold out in every other brand so I went for Maybelline. White eyeliner also looks fab lined on the inner part of your eyes to give that more wide awake look, something that will really benefit me at the moment.
3. Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 006 warm beige: As I mentioned not long ago in my 'Brand focus' post, Rimmel is literally my go-to, all time favourite brand and I have been using this powder since I ever started wearing make up. I bought it in warm beige this time, unlike my usual ivory as i'd like to have a bit more colour on my face rather than ressembling Caspar the friendly ghost.
4. Seventeen Stay Pout lipstick in 'Just a fling': I was looking around for a nice nude pink lipshade to wear day-to-day as I only have bright and dark colours which I mainly use for nights out. This nude lippy makes for a nice alternative without going OTT but still finishes off my daily make up look nicely.
5. Neutrogena Blackhead eliminating daily scrub: I've recently been having a bad case of blackheads on my nose, which I never used to get before and all of sudden I have loads of them, so I thought I'd give this scrub a go and see if it will get rid of the pesky things.
6. Sally Hansen Airbrush legs: Ok, maybe I am really turning into a scouse lass. Me? Fake tan?! The last time I ever used fake tan was when I was about 13. It was by Johnsons and I would be sure of making the perfect application only to wake up the next morning with giant 'cheesy puff' legs (like that scene from Angus, Thongs and perfect snogging)...and honestly I never thought I'd go back to those days. But, i'm always open to trying something new and this spray seems like the perfect alternative. It's spray-on, leaves a nice medium glow and can be washed off easily with some soap and water.
7. Rimmel Match Perfection SPF18 foundation in 101 classic ivory: My MAC foundation which I bought 1 whole year ago, just ran out (pretty impressive) so this was definitely needed. My student budget is a bit too tight for £25 foundations so Rimmel is the perfect alternative.
8. Rimmel Exaggerate in 063 eastend snob: The closest I can get to achieving lips a la Miss Angelina Jolie, the better. So, I decided to invest in a good lip-liner which just happens to go perfectly with the lipstick I bought...well, it was planned actually. Nevetheless, they go perfectly together and give the perfect nude lip finish to my everyday make up.
9. Seventeen doll'd up mascara in black: I raved about this mascara back in my 'current beauty favourites' post and here I am, raving about it again. This is honestly one of my favourite mascaras and for once, it's not by Rimmel. I literally cannot fault it and the packaging is pretty cute too.
10. Barry M dazzle dust in 106: I plan to use this mixed a bit in my foundation for that dewy, glowy look.
11. Rimmel Wake me up concealer: Yes, your eyes do not fool you, I have bought yet again something else by Rimmel. These late nights out and early mornings have been giving me some unattractive panda eyes so I decided to invest in a good concealer. I've heard good things about this on other blogs so I have a feeling this may be the cure to my eyebags.
12. Mitchum 48hr oxygen deodorant: Ok, I know it's a bit random to throw deodorant into a beauty post and people would rather not discuss their bodily odours but I think it's something people should take care of...ever been on public transport beside someone smelly? Yeah, well now you'll understand why i'm trying to promote this. This is my all time favourite and I highly recommend it. It's inexpensive and really does the trick...it lasts ages and it doesn't have an overpowering smell either.
13. Barry M nail polishes, Matte in 440 espresso and Gelly hi-shine in 439 blood orange: After getting rid of most of my nail polishes (which i'd had for a lifetime and had all gone gloopy)- I headed to the boss of nail polishes, Mr Barry M. My friend recommended the Matte version to me which I have never tried...and you can never go wrong with a classic red nail and this Gelly version gurantees a super shiny finish.
...And that's me (finally) finished, told you it was a going to be a big haul. It feels good to get back into writing beauty posts, I love doing them! Now that I'm living back in England, trips to Boots and such will be becoming a lot more regular, I apologise in advance to my bank account.
Stay tuned for an outfit post very soon!