It is currently pouring down with rain today (yes, even in France it rains) & I decided to cheer myself up by looking to the promising summer ahead! It is slowly but surely approaching and it's getting me all excited about what to wear during the holiday months. There are festivals all over the world during the summer holidays with the most famous being in Europe. I, Lucie Rose, am going to be popping my festival cherry this summer (oh how wrong that sounds) & going to my first EVER rock festival in Spain, Bilbao BBK Live. I am so excited. The line up includes Kings Of Leon, Fatboy Slim, Two Door Cinema Club & Alt-J and many others, so excited! Did I say that already?
High-street & online fashion have plenty to choose from so you are really spoilt for choice! I hunted down the shops online for festival looks whether you'll be dancing along to your favourite band in the mud at Glastonbury or jamming in the hot climate at Bilbao (like me!)
1. Studded Bag, £25 Boohoo 2. Sunglasses, £20 TOPSHOP 3. Bikini, £28, TOPSHOP 4. Dress, £36 TOPSHOP 5. Feather & Chain headdress, £12 River Island 6. Crochet top, £22.99 New Look 7. Crochet trim shorts, £19.99 New Look 8. Trilby, £16 Miss Selfridge 9. Aztec Kimono, £25 Asos 10. Moccasin boots, £38 TOPSHOP 11. Denim Gilet, £22 Boohoo 12. Dress, £28 Rihanna Limited Edition River Island 13.Bracelets, £6.99 New Look.
I had a lot of fun looking for things for this look as with this style you can throw loads of different patterns together and it'll work. I love the bohemian look & one of my main style inspirations is Vanessa Hudgens.
1. Vest, £14.99 New Look 2. Hunter Wellies, £80 TOPSHOP 3. Set of bracelets, £14 TOPSHOP 4. Aztec dress,
was £35 now £20! River Island 5. Leather Look jacket, £58, TOPSHOP 6. Rose Headband, £20 Crown and Glory 7. High waisted denim shorts, £28 TOPSHOP 8. Jazz up your wellies for night time with these 'Boot Glow Stickers', £3.50 New Look 9. Tie dye backpack was £48, now £25! Urban Outfitters.
This look is very versatile and everything can be mixed and matched. The wellies are essential and go with anything, as well as the backpack, leather jacket & denim shorts (must-have). I am in love with the 'Crown & Glory' headbands which remind me of halcyon festival days.
MY FESTIVAL ESSENTIALS:
- Tent (duh)
- Sleeping bag, yoga mat, pillow
- Torch (cause finding your tent when it's dark & you're drunk is difficult)
- Make up remover & baby wipes
- Dry shampoo, bobbles & bobby pins
- Water (to get rid of that hangover and to rehydrate from all that singing/yelling/dancing)
- Bottle opener
- A packable rain poncho (ugly but practical)
- Glow sticks and glow in the dark paint...optional
Whether you're going to a festival or just simply raving it up with your friends in your back garden, there's a summer look for everyone! Dig out those shorts, bikinis and summer dresses... get in the summer mood & hopefully the sun will shine too!