So I thought I'd do a post on...braces. I know many girls of my age have or will have braces at some point...it feels a bit weird at first but honestly feels totally normal after a while. Ok, so they suck...I know, I'm in my third year of having them, so I know exactly how it feels. But remember, they are not forever!
Some facts & tips about braces:
- Braces are considered a luxury (yeah, I know it's hard to believe). Most kids won't ever have the chance to have them so consider yourself lucky.
- Wearing them now is better than having wonky teeth in your adult years or having to wear them later (which is more painful and takes forever).
- They'll help your teeth stay healthy, make your teeth straight and you'll have an amaaaazing smile afterwards.
- Take action as soon as possible, so you can get it over and done with...and not have them at 18 years old like me!
- When wearing make up, try and draw less attention to them so play up your eyes more and just wear gloss/balm as braces can dry out your lips a bit.
They're not (that) ugly, they will not ruin your social life and will not prevent you from having boyfriends/girlfriends. Just look at all these beautiful girls with braces for inspiration, it is worth the wait, and the pain...just power through it, smile and you'll have a dazzling smile in no time.
You don't need to hide them, (em)brace them!